Saturday, October 8

Posting 2: AKL - LAX

10am Los Angeles time. Still an hour to go on the flight and I'll be glad when it is finally over. You don't realise how long eleven hours is until you do it sitting down unable to sleep... Fortunately the flight wasn't full and so I have ended up with a row of three seats to myself. But even then I couldn't get comfortable. Two movies this leg - Mr & Mrs Smith and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - both pretty boring.

One of the passengers got sick while we were still in Auckland waiting to leave the gate and he ended up having to leave the plane, so they then had to remove his luggage which delayed the flight by about 25 minutes. According to the inflight map info now we are scheduled to arrive only 5 minutes after we were originally due to so they must have put the foot down and made up some time.

Oh and they forgot to feed me my dinner! They started bringing around the coffee and tea and only then realised that they hadn't given a few of us supper. Choices were Lamb something and fish something. I chose the lamb but they had run out, the stewardess offered me two lots of the fish instead as a consolation. If you didn't want fish in the first place, surely two lots of fish isn't gonna make up for the lack of lamb? Anyway, I ended up scoring a Moroccan chicken dish from Business class instead hehe. Yummy.

Just watched the video on arriving in LA and am mentally preparing for my fingerprinting and mugshot photo. Crazy times. Hopefully I'm not gonna be queueing for hours at customs and immigration.

J (3.17am Canberra time)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home