Saturday, October 8

Posting 3: LAX - SLC

Tom Bradley International (LAX)
Tom Bradley International (LAX),
originally uploaded by JohnConn.
Friday 7 Oct (still!...)

Apart from the 3 mile hike to the customs area from the gate, arrival was a bit of a non-issue.

Security to check-in for the domestic flight to Salt Lake was another story altogether. On clearing immigration I made my way to the Delta check-in desk in terminal 5 which is conveniently next to the main International terminal. Just a short walk down the street. I checked in and received my boarding pass and I then had to deliver my main suitcase to the X-Ray guy who asked me a bunch of questions about it and whether it was unlocked etc. I then had to go queue up somewhere else and they checked my boarding pass and passport again (3rd time). Once I got to the top of the stairs, I found the area where you get your hand luggage scanned. Off with the shoes, out with the laptop,again out with the passport and boarding pass. My boarding pass had a special code on it which identified me as someone who needed a more thorough security check.

Next thing was to try and withdraw some cash from the ATM. Ahh the relief...US Cash from our savings without any hassles.

The flight to SLC was good. It was on a Canadair Jet (two seats either side of the aisle). The flight from Los Angeles basically follows the road you drive if you drive from LAX to SLC but from a vantage point of 33000 feet. We flew right across until we were over Vegas and then it follows the Interstate right up to Salt Lake. This was particularly good since we HAVE done that drive before it was good to be able to pinpoint places - Bryce and Zion were easily identifiable as was the Grand Canyon way off in the distance. Also flew over St George.

Off flying with Shayne's friend tomorrow morning. Need to be at Provo airport at 8.30 sharp. Catcha. J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home