Friday, October 14

Posting 8: Last day in UT

Wednesday - Shayne drove me up to Salt Lake to do a bit of sightseeing. We went straight to the airport to get rid of my case, since having checked with America West about whether I could check my bags in early and finding that I couldn't, I found a site that explained that there was locker storage at the airport for $4 a day for large cases - I wanted to dump my suitcase at the airport so that I could get around SLC without worrying about it or having to drag it around.

Anyway, as it turns out, they haven't done that in ages (not since 9/11) so Shayne very kindly drove me in to SLC and we hung out for the day together to take in some of the sights. We did the tour of the new conference centre, took the obligatory trip up the Church Office Bldg, grabbed some lunch at ZCMI mall and took TRAX (Salt Lake's light rail - installed for the SLC Winter Olympics in '02) to The Gateway near the Delta Center. The Gateway is a large open air mall full of shops and eateries and was a hotpsot during the Games. We went and saw an IMAX flick called "Magnificent Desolation" a 3D show about the Apollo missions narrated by Tom Hanks - really good.

IMG_3766

After that we went out to the airport to watch some planes come in to land at one of SLC golf courses. Shayne hired a bag of clubs and got a bunch of balls to hit off at the driving range to while away a bit of time. We then went to the departure terminal and said our farewells and I headed in for something to eat a sit down and I had hoped a few hours of Internet access courtesy of Sprint's PCSWIFI - sadly it wasn't to be since the stoopid online form wouldn't recognise my postcode and billing address or some such nonsense...oh well.

IMG_3783

Next the flight to Las Vegas - oh the horror...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home